Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Citrus Glass and Surface Cleaner

I make my own cleaners because the chemicals in store bought cleaners really bother my head. This got me thinking. If this stuff is bad for me to breath in, why am I spraying it in my house! Not to mention on surfaces in my kitchen that touch my food! Essential oils to the rescue yet again. I use about 15 drops of essential oil for every 8 oz of water. This does not have to be exact. If you can smell the oils, they are working. Here is what I keep in my kitchen...

8 oz water
3 drops lemon
3 drops orange
3 drops grapefruit
3 drops cinnamon
3 drops thyme

When making a cleaner for the kitchen, I always use lemon which is a fantastic grease cutter and thyme which is a strong anti-bacterial oil. Cinnamon is also a great germ fighter. But feel free to mix it up and make it smell the way you like!

Shake well and remember that it will get stronger the longer it sits. Use it just as you would use any household cleaner or window cleaner, shaking well each time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment